2016 Sponsors:

 
     
 

     

 

 

 
 

Please join us Saturday May14, 2016  from     8-Noon for the 13th annual Rockford Literacy Half Marathon & 10K Run/Walk  

CLICK TO REGISTER

 May 14, 2016
Course Description
Both races will be held primarily within three beautiful Winnebago County Forest Preserves; Kishwaukee, Blackhawk Springs and Espenschied.

Scenic, well-marked and with plenty of aid stations, these two events are ideal for first timers but can also be a challenging race for experienced trail runners. About 70% of The Literacy Half Marathon is on trails ranging from grassy double-track to twisting and technical single-track. Most of the remaining 30% is on paved roads and paths within the forest preserves.

The 10k Run/Walk for Literacy is about 50% easy to moderate trails and 50% paved roads and paths within the forest preserves. Some portions of the race may be very muddy due to weather conditions in the days leading up to the race.

 

After the race, enjoy locally brewed beer from Carlyle Brewing Co. and a brunch from Red Lobster. Brunch is included with registration fee, guests may purchase lunch tickets.

 

NOTE :If access to Espenschied Forest Preserve is not possible due to high water levels, an alternate shortened course for the Half Marathon will be used. 


 
 
 

 

 

   

 




                                        


















EXTRA

PRIZES

If you are interested in fundraising for the Literacy Council  click on the link below:

http://www.firstgiving.com/literacycouncil/13th-annual-literacy-half-marathon-10k-run-walk

Anyone fundraising at least $50 (each additional $25 raised will provide another chance to win!) will have a chance to win one of several  prizes.

  • A Saffire Ceramic Grill valued at over $1000.
  • Anderson Gardens 4 Pack admission
  • A Rocktown guided kayak trip for 4-6.  
  • 1 Hr Tranquility Massage Spa certificate.
  • Magic Waters admission passes.
  • A pair of Cubs tickets.